Areas of Practice
This field of law encompasses a broad category of legal services that can include the formation and dissolution of partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships. It also includes the drafting of agreements and contracts and the collection of money owed to businesses and providing general legal advice to business owners, partners and corporate directors.
Real Estate Law:
This field of law encompasses matters having to do with the buying, selling, leasing and partitioning of real estate as well as matters having to do with the governmental regulation of land.
Quiet Title and Easement Law:
The field of law known as Quiet Title Law or Removing Clouds from Title involves removing defects in legal title and determining the legal ownership of land. This field is especially important in Hawaii where many properties have less than clear and perfect title. The field of law known as Easement Law involves the establishment or extinguishment of a legal right to use land owned by another for a specific purpose.
Adjacent Property Dispute Law:
This field of law encompasses disputes between neighbors that can include matters such as determining where a boundary line is or issues involving overhanging trees and vegetation. It can also involve violations of a restrictive covenant or disrupted drainage patterns due to construction work on a neighbor’s property.
Condominium Association Law:
This field of law encompasses representing condominium owners and/or condominium associations on all aspects of condominium law.
This field of law ranges from providing services to contractors and homeowners to ensure compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations that govern construction contracts and construction to construction defects issues to mechanics liens.
Our Law Partners
J. KEVIN JENKINS
Attorney at Law, a Law Corporation
Licensed to practice law in the state of Hawaii since 1987. Emphasizing Construction Law, Condominium Association Law, Firearms Law and Litigation/Arbitration
- Born Puunene, Maui, Hawaii, October 25th, 1950
- Education Hawaii Preparatory Academy 1968; Stanford University, 1972; Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College [now Lewis and Clark Law School], 1987; Environmental Law law review member 1985-1986; Associate Editor, 1986-1987
- Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, County of Maui 1987-2006
- Special Assistant United States Attorney, District of Hawaii 2002-2006
- Of Counsel, Brumbaugh & Jenkins L.L.P. 2006 to July 2010
- Partner, Jenkins & Jenkins L.L.P. July 2010 to October 2020
- Licenses/Certificates Held:
- Member Hawaii State Bar Association
- Member Maui County Bar Association
- Scuba Certificate 1969 to Present
- General Building Contractor License [BC-09654, currently inactive] 1979-Present
- Commercial Pilot’s License with Instrument and Multi-Engine Ratings 1980-Present
- Federal Firearms License 1982-Present
Request information from J. Kevin Jenkins
email: [email protected]
BRIAN R. JENKINS *Retired
Attorney at Law, a Law Corporation
Providing legal services to the people of Hawaii since 1986 in the general practice of Law with emphasis on real estate and business law including leases, licenses, title issues, acquisition and sale, subdivisions, consolidations and re-subdivisions, cotenancy issues, land use issues, municipal law issues, easements and collections.
- Born Puunene, Maui, Hawaii, June 18, 1953;
- Admitted to practice law in the courts of the State of Hawai’i and in the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii in 1986. Admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in 1988.
- Education: University of Hawaii (B.A., 1982); Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College (J.D., 1986). Member, 1984-1985, Form and Style Editor, 1985-1986, Environmental Law law review.
- Member: Hawaii State and American Bar Associations
- Member: Maui County Bar Association
J. Kevin Jenkins
Attorney at Law, A Law Corporation
24 North Church Street, Suite 208
Wailuku, Hawai’i 96793-1693
Tel. No. (808) 242-5545
Fax No. (808) 243-8293
Please be aware that the act of contacting this law firm or any of its principals or staff does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Do not transmit any confidential information to the principals or staff of J. Kevin Jenkins, Attorney at Law, A Law Corporation until and unless an attorney-client relationship is established.